Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Skip Navigation LinksForeign Worker Recruitment

1. License Secretariat Unit

License Secretariat Unit is responsible for granting the license to any employer who has registered for a license to recruit foreign workers with the support of the Commissioner of Labour. Every employer who wants to bring foreign workers into this country must first obtain written permission from the Commissioner of Labour to apply for Foreign Worker Recruitment Licence (quotas) under Chapter 118 , the Labour Act 1954 (Amendment 1984).

2. Private Household Services (Domestic Helper’s License)

Private Household Service Unit is a unit in the Foreign Workforce Division. The Unit’s functions include the processing and issuance of new licenses for the taking and hiring domestic helpers, license renewal, additional licenses and Contract Exchange.

3. Work Permit Issuance

Work Pass Unit is a unit within the Foreign Workforce Division. The unit’s functions include to process and issue a Work Permit Support (BUR500 / BUR555 / EXCHANGE CONTRACTS ) for private sector employers who want to hire foreign workers.